Are you aware that the new communication channel over the phone, like the VoIP solutions, can reduce your business operating cost considerably? Now, you can save around 70% of your costs without compromising on the features of traditional phone systems but adding more . Be in an advantageous position with the added features in this latest system, making calls on the go managing everything through a computer app. Build a team bonding with your staff working remotely and monitor everything through the mouse effortlessly and so much more.
Switching from the regular PSTN phone lines to the virtual world of VoIP might seem to be intimated at the beginning and can bring forward some teething problems, but it is quite common when you embrace new technology into your system. It is not rocket science, which will go over your head but can boost up the process of your efficient decision making considerably fast within a few hours of initial jugglery. Through this VoIP wiki that we have prepared, get to know the details of the virtual phone services. And find an easy solution to work in a better atmosphere. Our, this, VoIP for business article will guide you for stepping the foot forward and enable you to decide to adapt to this technology to sail and begin the voyage.
What is VoIP
By now, almost all are aware and making calls using the internet using various platforms like Whatsapp, Skype, Google Duos, and likewise. They all need an internet connection to connect to others. It is nothing but talking with others through VOIP. It is time for you to know the details of what is VoIP and how does it work.
- The full form of VOIP is voice over internet protocol. It uses the internet to make calls through a phone system that converts the analog signals of the sounds to digital signals. One can use any system like the desktop, laptop, or any digital device that is driven by data.
- The basic principle is to use the internet to make calls, unlike traditional phone calls through landlines and mobile phones. One of the significant advantages is that business houses can cut down their traditional phone usage expenses. The call and the rental charges can be cut drastically as internet data is used to make the calls. Sometimes one can make the calls free of cost as the data providers offer various sales promotions and loyalty packages.
It is time for you to embrace the new technology and cut down your business expenses considerably. Contact clients and coworkers at lightning speed. Do not delay to take the services and enjoy the benefits. Be in touch with us immediately for more details.
How VoIP Works
- As already discussed, VOIP needs an internet connection to work. But that is not all. Let us dig a little deep and look at how does VoIP work. The efficiency of the VoIP depends on the speed and the signal strength of the internet connection. How do VoIP phones work and behave entirely depends on the stability of the internet. Some of the gadgets that are used in the system help them to work efficiently.
- While making calls using the VOIP phone services,your voice is encoded to digital data and sent to other phones. The other telephones re-recodes the digital data into voice signals. Thus, the receiver of your call can hear your voice.
- Throughout the process of encoding and decoding is done by codec’s. Codec’s compresses the data for faster transmission and better voice quality and clarity. Codec’s are essential in the VoIP systems playing the vital role of switching analog data to digital and vice-versa.
- One should
make note that calls made through VoIP can be received by traditional
phones. Again, traditional telephones can dial the VoIP number to connect
to the user. In both cases, either the digital signal is converted to
analog or the analog signal is reversed. The process begins or ends at
some point, till which both the signals get the scope to travel before
conversion. If users at both ends are using VoIP devices, the call signals
travel digitally entirely, without requirement of translation.
However, how does VoIP work efficiently depends on particular gadgets that are used to make these types of calls and one should also know a bit about them. Without any argument, one can say VoIP is gaining popularity day by day due to multiple advantages, and many users are switching to this new system for various reasons.
Why VoIP is popular now a days
By now, one has understood how VoIP works,and it is time to look into the factors why VoIP is gaining popularity and replacing the traditional phone system of connecting with people. It is estimated that by 2020 there would be nearly 204.8 billion corporate subscribers worldwide.
down the telephone bills
– One of the primary reasons for VoIP phones getting popular are the cost
to make and receive the calls. Unlike the traditional call system, VoIP
call rates are much cheaper as they are calls made through the internet. Data
rates are much less than the traditional voice calls. One can connect to
distance places of the world at a much lower price and talk freely for
hours without the worries of the mounting phone bills. The costs of the
calls are included in the plans of the broadband system. The user does not
need to shell any extra penny to talk using this system.
call quality – The voice
technology used by any VoIP calling system is a High Definition or HD
voice technology. It is an utterly digital method and compresses the voice
signals to travel at lightning speed without any lag, depending on the
internet speed. Thus it makes the calls to have better clarity. One can
make these type of calls irrespective of their location and even on the
move with the through their mobile phones. It enables the user more
flexible to work and while on the go, and one does not need to be
stationary at one place to make or receive calls.
operations are scaled – In this
age of cutthroat competition, the revenue earnings get a hammering if one
does not scale their business operations. Scaling down the business is one
of the critical factors to cut unnecessary overheads. Unlike the
traditional system, where a new PBX system needs to be installed with the
increase in the number of users, using the business VoIP system, any business entity only needs to
buy the phones that work on VoIP and pass them to their employees. One
only needs to add the newly added phone to the network using their
computer, where the software is loaded to make these types of calls. Simply
clicking the mouse can add any VoIP enabled phone to the system, and no
such extra gadgets are required.
efficiency – Since the
success of any business depends on the Customer Relationship Management or
the CRM and the Enterprise Resource Planning, any VoIP system introduced
in any business helps to maintain more balance between the two. Back
office, human resources management is done using the ERP that ultimately
helps to get customer satisfaction. VoIP easily integrates with these types
of software and improves efficiency and enhances the productivity of any
employee, and thus the business is well managed to earn more revenues.
This technology helps any business house to maintain the equilibrium of
the functions of different wings, and better-coordinated efforts are made
by the employees to increase productivity and the market share. Experts
predict that by the year 2025 95% of customer interaction will be done by
Artificial Intelligence and Chabot.
be easily configured – Unlike
traditional phones, IP phone
systems are easy to configure, allowing the user to call a
specific number or multiple numbers easily. Calls can be scheduled in
advance, and the system can connect to the users based on the schedule.
This is of great help to the entrepreneurs as telephonic meetings with the
employees, or the customers can be done more efficiently.
Get in touch with us for more details to enjoy the benefits. We are open to clear your doubts so that you can run your business more efficiently, embracing the most popular communication technology as on date.
VoIP Business VoIP Phone System vs. Traditional On-Premise PBX
One can see that VoIP phone Compound Annual Growth Rate or CAGR will be 14% by the year 2024 In the Asia Pacific region due to the benefits that one can derive from them.
- It has been observed that if the internet connection is stable, VoIP PBX works much better than the traditional-on premise- PBX systems. If the cloud-hosted services back it, the chance of call drop and call failure is minimized. The traditional PBX system works on a wired connection, and the signals are very much dependent on the electromagnetic interference. As the distance increases, the quality of the call drops considerably due to weak signal strength. This is completely negated in the IP PBX phone system.Thus the reliability of the calls is more in business PBX working using the VoIP technology.
- In the case of traditional PBX, one needs to increase the capacity of the PBX paying the extra amount to the service provider, and extra gadgets need to be purchased to give a connection to the additional number of employees. It is an entirely wired system. However, in the IP PBX phone system, one can easily increase the number of users only purchasing the VoIP enabled handsets and remotely connect them with the system. If the bandwidth of the network is robust, there are no problems in adding additional devices. Therefore, we can say VoIP systems are more flexible to work with than the age-old traditional PBX phone system.
- One of the significant advantages of an IP telephone system is to cut down the recurring cost, including recurring maintenance considerably. The underlying infrastructure is not that heavy in the case of this type of phone system, and the upfront cost is much less. In the traditional- on-premise PBX system, the bills increase progressively as more users are added. If you are in business, you might have noticed how your bills inflate as the number of users and the calls made increases, unlike the VoIP system where they are no requirement of paying separately for the internet and the call charges. Service providers do correct metering, and the soaring bills are completely negated as this system works in a bundled process. Thus one pays less in the internet phone system and this cuts down the overall business overheads to a considerable level.
- There are many other features in using VoIP phones. One can make outgoing calls as well as receive incoming calls. You can do video conferencing, get notifications and screen pop-ups, get voicemail, and transfer voicemail to email, and many other unique features that cannot be availed through the traditional PBX system. We can say that phone systems working with VoIP technology are feature-rich, and many business houses take full advantage of them without paying anything extra. These types of phone calls and features can be availed using any desktop, laptop, any data-enabled digital device, and mobile phones. However, almost a chunk of the features is absent in the traditional PBX systems.
What do I need for a VoIP Phone system to work?
- If you
intend to have a VoIP system, the first and foremost thing you should have
is an internet connection with good signal strength and proper bandwidth.
As they work using the internet, therefore make sure that you subscribe
with an internet service provider that can fulfill the above primary
- A VoIP
gateway router is needed that is linked with the internet gateway of your
service provider. From the gateway router, connect your desktop, laptop,
VoIP PBX, and all workstation on the one hand and the server, mobile
phones, analog phones, and VoIP phones on the other side.
- If you are
willing to take advantage of the full benefits of this system, opt for the
IP paging technique too. Go for Uncast IP paging that works on one to one
basis and each having a different IP address. If you want to send pages to
multiple phones, select the Multicast IP paging option. Again under each
of these two paging systems, there is overhead paging and the desktop
- You need to
purchase some IP enabled phones to take advantage of the SIP system. Buy a
hardware-enabled phone, which is nothing but something like the basic
landline phones but with VoIP technology. One can make calls, do
conferencing, and send voicemails, transfer calls, and many other things.
These types of phones come with an inbuilt microphone, speaker, and the
caller ID feature along with the dial pads.
- You can also
use software devices like desktops, mobile phones, and laptops. The
software enabled phones have a touchpad and caller ID, and one need to an
external headset and microphone to make and receive calls except the VoIP
enabled mobile phones.
- One needs to
have an ATA, which is nothing but analog telephone adaptor, RJ 45 LAN
cable, and specially made IP enabled headset and some software to make and
receive calls using the internet. It is best to contact some VoIP supply
and service experts to know all the technicalities and the equipment
needed and understand how VoIP
works in Australia if you are operating your business from
It is time for you to call or ping us and we are free to help you out to suggest the best solution and help you to install the system for your business.
The Best VoIP Phone Systems for Small Business
- It has been found through research in Australia that 70% of the expenses of any small business is from the phone calls. With the VoIP phone system Australia gaining popularity day by day, one can cut down the telephone expenses by about 60%.
- One should subscribe to some of the best plans according to the business need and use VoIP enabled mobile phones to make cheap long distance local or international calls.
- Getting the hosted PBX is another best way as they minimize the cost of hardware that would have been otherwise required incurring huge expenses. Make sure that the IP phone supplier and the service provider gives 100% free programming solution with lifetime validity.
If you have staff that is working from home or remotely located, the best VoIP phone system Australia companies can come to help your small business with their services. It is time to compare the services offered by different companies and select the best one for your small business needs.
- Some of the best companies in Australia offer exclusive packages for small business houses so that the small entrepreneurs do not burn a hole in their pocket, installing and maintaining them.
- Make sure that your business volume increase without increasing the phone and communication bills while opting for the SIP phone system.
- Get the VoIP
desktop phone handset, WiFi enabled wireless phone or a DECT receiver,
Softphones for the remote workers, or the IP conferencing phone set at a
reasonable price to run the show of your small business cutting down the
VoIP Plan Table
One can select various plans from the service provider. The plans and the costs vary according to the features that are needed for running the business. However, before selecting any service provider and enrolling for a specific plan as per their table, it should be pertinent to ask about some of the factors that may or may not be included in the selected plan. One should always ask for the plan details and enquire about the plan features before sealing the deal. In a study, it has been found that 22% of all businesses have toll free numbers, allowing customers to communicate without spending on their phone bills. Careful selection of a plan is needed so that anyone in the organization can handle the incoming calls without keeping the customer waiting.
about the cost per month
– One should always ask about the cost per month for a particular plan.
They vary considerably according to the features included, and for all,
not all features are required. It is best to start with the minimum basic
plan, gauge the pros and cons as per the business need, and then shift to
some other higher plan to overcome the cons if felt any.
and hosting fees – Make sure
if the plan that you have selected from the table includes or excludes the
hosting and the setup fees. Many service provider does this free of cost,
and one should get it confirmed before taking the services from any
subscription level – There are
different plans offered by every service provider. The higher the
subscription, the more are the features. Define your business needs, read
and understand all the features, and then only subscribe to a particular
plan. A subscription with unnecessary features for your business module
will increase the business expenses, and again a less featured plan will
not suffice your business needs. One should, therefore, judiciously select
the plan and steam ahead.
user numbers – This is
one of the significant factors for selecting a plan from any table. The
more the number, the price per user drops. The monthly charges vary
according to the number of users using the system.
broadband speed – As
already discussed, VoIP works with the help of the internet, as the name
suggests. So a steady and broadband connection that can give a speed of 10
Mbps without any interruption should always be included in your plan
and additional pieces of equipment
– With many manufacturers engaged in the business of VoIP phones, the
prices of the sets have considerably come down. One can enjoy price cuts.
Again almost all the extra equipment that is needed is supplied by the
service providers free of cost, except the extra microphones and the
external headsets and adapters. Make sure to choose the best plan from the
VoIP phones are here to stay and would gradually replace traditional phones. Low cost of operation and voice and video clarity is some of the key features along with lighting speed call connection. They are becoming a must for all businesses not only to keep the communication cost in control but to cut the costs to a great level. Almost all entrepreneurs are looking to cut down their overheads to sustain challenging market situations. It is no point in being a laggard, but to install the system in your business following the guidelines mentioned above. It is time to communicate effectively to control your manpower resources and increase the business volume by increasing the customer base. So, get a VoIP system installed in your business and reap the benefits.
For any doubt-clearing, and services feel free to contact us, and we shall be more than happy to answer your queries and fulfill your needs.
Be in touch with us without any hesitation for any of your VoIP blues. We are always open to serve & solve your purpose anytime without any delay.
It is time to pick up your phone and dial our digits without delay for more details. Write to us for any query, and we are always open to explain and reply and, if necessary, do the needful for you.